Afghanistan vs Australia 39th Match ICC Cricket World Cup 2023, Team Analyze, Odds, Prediction

Afghanistan vs Australia

The cricketing world is set to witness a riveting encounter of Afghanistan vs Australia lock horns in the 39th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup. This match, slated to be held at the iconic Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, carries with it the weight of history and the fervor of millions of cricket enthusiasts. Scheduled for November 7, 2023, this game is more than just a clash of teams; it’s a testament to the spirit of cricket.

Afghanistan vs Australia: Match Details

Check this out to learn what will come to watch!

  • League: ICC Cricket World Cup 2023
  • Team Match: Afghanistan vs Australia
  • Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
  • Date: November 7, 2023

Match Odds

With a 55% chance of victory, our expert thinks that AUS will be the overwhelming favorite in the forthcoming Afghanistan vs Australia encounter. Conversely, AFG is regarded as the underdog and has a 45% chance of winning. These odds are determined by examining the prior performances of the teams, their past meetings, and their results in the lead-up to the game.

Afghanistan vs Australia Odds

Afghanistan Australia



Afghanistan vs Australia: Confrontations

In their previous encounters of Afghanistan vs Australia, AUS has emerged victorious with considerable margins. The chart below encapsulates their past performances

Match Date League Result Notable Player


World Cup

AUS won by 7 wickets

David Warner


World Cup

AUS won by 275 runs

Steven Smith



AUS won by 66 runs

Mitchell Johnson

Team Analysis

As we gear up for the 39th match of the ICC Cricket World Cup for Afghanistan vs Australia, let’s dissect the strengths, weaknesses, and key players that could turn the tide in this crucial encounter.


Afghanistan vs Australia

Afghanistan’s cricket has been a tale of relentless passion and remarkable progress. From playing in the lower tiers of international cricket to challenging the top teams on the world stage, their journey has been nothing short of inspirational.

  • Latest Performance and Key Statistics: The team has been on an upward trajectory, pulling off some impressive wins in recent matches. Their ability to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat speaks volumes about their fighting spirit. With a blend of experienced campaigners and exuberant youth, their recent form has been a testament to their growing prowess.
  • Squad Details, Predicted XI: The squad is likely to be led by the calm and composed Hashmatullah Shahidi, with the likes of Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, and Mujeeb Ur Rahman being the spine of the team. The predicted XI might include a mix of steady batsmen and wily bowlers who can exploit the conditions at the Wankhede Stadium.
  • Key Players: Rashid Khan, with his googlies and sharp leg-breaks, could be the trump card. His recent form with both bat and ball has been encouraging. Alongside him, the all-rounder Mohammad Nabi’s experience in the middle order could be crucial in stabilizing the innings or finishing off games.
  • Strengths and Weaknesses: The spin department is Afghanistan’s fortress, capable of derailing any batting lineup on their day. However, their batting, especially against high-caliber pace attacks, has been a concern. They will need to step up and support their bowlers to put up or chase competitive totals.


Afghanistan vs Australia

Australia, a name that resonates with cricketing excellence, enters the fray with the confidence of a team that knows how to win big tournaments. Their track record in World Cups is intimidating, and they will look to continue that legacy.

  • Squad Details, Predicted XI: The Australian squad is expected to be a harmonious blend of aggressive batsmen, pacey bowlers, and strategic all-rounders. The predicted XI could see the likes of David Warner opening the innings, with Pat Cummins leading the bowling attack.
  • Key Players: David Warner’s role at the top of the order is pivotal. His ability to score quickly and set the game’s tempo can be a game-changer. In the bowling department, Adam Zampa’s leg-spin has been effective, and his performance in the middle overs could dictate the game’s pace.
  • Strengths and Weaknesses: Australia’s primary strength lies in their all-round capabilities and their psychological edge over many opponents due to their rich cricketing history. However, they must be wary of complacency and ensure they adapt quickly to the playing conditions in Mumbai.

In the Afghanistan vs Australia match-up, while the Australian team is the favorite on paper, the Afghan team’s spirit and ability to surprise cannot be underestimated. The clash promises to be a showcase of strategy, skill, and the sheer unpredictability of cricket.

Venue and Conditions

The stage is set at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, a venue that has witnessed numerous cricketing epics. In the  Afghanistan vs Australia preparation to face off in this iconic arena, understanding the venue’s characteristics and the prevailing conditions becomes crucial for predicting the course of the match.

  • Ground Details and Stats: The Wankhede Stadium is renowned for its high-scoring games, with short boundaries and a typically flat pitch that offers little to the bowlers. Historically, teams batting first have found success, piling up runs and setting daunting targets. However, the spinners often come into play in the latter half of the game, bringing twists and turns to the contest.
  • Pitch and Weather Conditions: The pitch at the Wankhede is known for being a batsman’s paradise. The ball comes onto the bat nicely, allowing for extravagant stroke play. As the game progresses, the pitch can offer some assistance to spinners, adding a layer of complexity to the match. The weather in Mumbai is expected to be warm with a gentle breeze, ideal for a full day of cricket. The humidity could play a role, especially later in the day, potentially aiding the team bowling second with some swing under the lights.
  • How Conditions Could Impact the Match: For Afghanistan, the key would be to exploit the spin-friendly conditions that might emerge as the game progresses. Rashid Khan and Mujeeb Ur Rahman could be pivotal in applying pressure during the middle overs. Australia, with their pace battery, will look to make early inroads and then let the spinners take control as the pitch wears on. The team winning the toss might look to bat first, aiming to put up a substantial total and then defend it under the evening sky.

In the Afghanistan vs Australia contest, the team that adapts better to the Wankhede’s dual nature—favoring batsmen initially and potentially aiding spinners later—will have the upper hand. The conditions at the venue are set to offer a balanced battle between bat and ball, promising an enthralling encounter for fans around the world.

Match Prediction Score

In the upcoming match of Afghanistan vs Australia, Predicting a cricket match’s outcome is always fraught with uncertainties, but the analysis points towards an Australian victory. They are likely to win by a margin of 30-50 runs or 3-5 wickets, depending on whether they bat or bowl first.

Final Thoughts

As the dust settles on the analyses and predictions, the Afghanistan vs Australia match in the ICC Cricket World Cup stands out as a testament to the unpredictable and thrilling nature of cricket. While Australia enters the fray as favorites, armed with a formidable squad and a legacy of dominance, Afghanistan’s undying spirit and their ability to punch above their weight promise a contest that could captivate the cricketing world. Regardless of the outcome, this match is a celebration of the sport’s global reach and the unifying power of a game that continues to inspire and entertain millions.

To get more insight in our prediction much, don’t hesitate to visit our official website!

Leave a Reply